I love Greek salad! How can you go wrong with a fresh salad that gets even better as it sits in the fridge??!! Tomatoes, cucumbers, bell peppers, fresh herbs & onion tossed in an olive oil, lemon & red wine vinegar vinaigrette, a big bowl of goodness Ready 10 minutes!
I gave this Greek salad a Pure Foods twist by using Cashew cheese (detailed below, it's really good!) and roasted crispy chickpeas for an added crunch.
difficulty level: very easy!
prep + cook time: 10 minutes
equipment needed: none
what you need:
- 1 orange bell pepper, cut into 1/2 inch cubes. I like orange or yellow peppers, they are milder in flavor and add beautiful color.
- 2 cups Persian cucumbers (or English) seeded and cut into 1/2 inch cubes. roughly 5 Persian cucumbers
- 10 oz Cherry tomatoes halved, roughly 2 cups not packed
- 1/2 cup pitted kalamata olives, or olives of choice
- 1/2 cup chickpeas, you can simply rinse some canned chickpeas, or you can use crispy roasted chickpeas such as my balsamic roasted crunchy garbanzo & black beans (you can omit the black beans)
- 1/4 or 1/2 cup thinly sliced red onion, according to preference
- 1/4 chopped fresh parsley
- 1.5 oz crumbled Treeline Aged Artisanal Nut Cheese, I found this at Whole foods, you can check out their products on http://www.treelinecheese.com/products/ it's delicious! gives that amazing Feta style creamy tangy salty flavor to the salad.
- 5 oz (4-5 cups) chopped up mini lettuce mix, i used a House Mix that had Lollo Rosa Lettuce (curly purple and green leaves) with Radicchio & frisee. Use any neutral baby lettuce leaves. I would not recommend spinach or arugula for this recipe
- optional: 1 tbsp fresh mint leaves chopped coarsely & freshly grated lemon zest
- 1 tbsp lemon
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp stevia powder
- 1/4 tsp dried oregano
what to do:
- mix dressing ingredients in a small mason jar or glass
- mix all salad ingredients in a big bowl
- pour dressing on salad mix well and enjoy!!!!