sooo it's 112 degrees outside!!! yes I still love Arizona, yes i still went out there and hiked... and then came home and made this amazing chilled Gazpacho!
Ready in 7 minutes, low calorie so easy to make.
Gazpacho is a chilled tomato and vegetable soup, perfect for hot summer days
Only 45 calories & 2 grams of carbs per serving (1/2 cup).
difficulty level: very easy
prep time: 5 minutes
cook time: 2 minutes
equipment needed: high powered blender (Vitamix)
what you need:
- 2.5 lbs ripe tomatoes, cored and cut into 1 inch chunks
- 4 Persian cucumbers (or 1/2 English cucumber) peeled and cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 Anaheim pepper, seeded and cut into 1 inch pieces. if you like spice, you can substitute with a jalapeno, i recommend starting with 1/2 a jalapeno and adjusting according to preference
- 1/2 red onion cut into 1 inch cubes
- 2 garlic cloves roughly chopped in 3.
- 1 tsp salt (you can add 1/4 tsp extra, according to preference)
- 2 tsp Sheri vinegar. I HIGHLY recommend using Sheri vinegar, it truly does give a specific flavor, if you must, i would use red wine vinegar; avoid apple cider vinegar.
- 1/4 cup high quality extra virgin olive oil. The fruity peppery flavor of extra virgin olive oil makes this recipe, the only other oil i would use otherwise is extra virgin Avocado oil
- pepper to taste
what to do:
- place all ingredients except olive oil in blender, tomatoes on the bottom.
- blend for 1 minutes.
- stop, scrape sides if necessary
- start blender gain and drizzle the olive oil slowly through the top of the blender cap, blend 1 minute. taste, add salt or pepper according to preference, blend 10 more seconds and Voila! delicious amazing chilled Gazpacho!
The Gazpacho might be a bit warm from the blending, if you want to have some right away i suggest serving it on ice cubes in a mason jar/glass... and just drink it down, yummm!!!!
In the picture I topped my Gazpacho with roasted crispy Garbanzo and black beans and drizzled with a touch of basil oil