A simple hearty dish, roasted sweet potato wedges topped with a light tahini miso dressing.
you can absolutely serve these just by themselves but the dressing just kicks it up a notch :)
The sweet potatoes are a low glycemic (good for blood sugar levels) carbohydrate, full of fiber & vitamins only 63 calories per 4oz.
the dressing is only 35 calories per tablespoon and so packed with flavor a little bit goes a very long way.
difficulty level: beginner
equipment needed: using a mandolin slicer speeds this up, but not necessary, you could just as easily use a knife.
what you need:
for sweet potatoes:
- 2 sweet potatoes, i like using both garnet(orange flesh) and Hannah (yellow flesh varieties for a prettier presentation.
- 3/4 tbsp avocado oil.
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp tahini (sesame paste)
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- 2 tbsp miso paste
- 1 small clove of garlic finely grated on a micropane or a fine cheese grater
- 1/2 tbsp cilantro chopped
- 1/4 tsp cumin powder
- 1/2 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 4 tbsp water
- 1/4 tsp stevia powder
what to do:
for sweet potatoes:
- preheat oven to 450 degrees bake
- line a large baking sheet with foil, lightly greased or sprayed
- slice each sweet potato in half lengthwise, proceed to slice each half in 1/4" thick slices. if you are using a mandolin this will make the prep super quick.
- in bowl or Tupperware, drizzle 3/4 tbsp oil and 1/4 tsp salt on potatoes and mix well with your hands coating the potatoes.
- spread wedges on greased baking sheet in one layer, no overlapping.
- bake wedges for 15min
- remove from oven, flip each wedge and return to oven for another 10 minutes
- remove from oven and serve. these last a whole week in the fridge.
- put all ingredients in a mason jar or glass and mix vigorously with a fork until even consistency is achieved.
- serve this on the side or drizled on the wedges. this dressing will keep in the fridge for 2 weeks, and can be used on salads, in sandwiches and even as a dip for veggies.