Roasting brings a beautiful caramelized flavor to these simple, delicious and guilt free roasted zucchini noodles with roasted garlic and onions. A perfect low carb addition for your holiday table.
difficulty level: super easy
yield: 4-5 cups
prep time: 7 minutes
cook time: 30 minutes
- large oven sized baking sheet
- spiralizer, i recommend
what you need:
- 7 medium/small zucchinis spiralized on the thinnest setting
- 3 garlic cloves very thinly sliced
- 1 small red onion cut in half and thinly sliced into half rings
- 3/4 tbsp avocado oil
- cooking oil spray- salt and pepper to taste
what to do:
- preheat oven to 400 degrees
- line a large baking sheet with foil, liberally spray with cooking oil
- cut out a rectangle of foil, fold it in half, place sliced garlic in middle of folded rectangle, placed sliced onion on top of the garlic, drizzle with oil then seal the foil rectangle tightly into a packet.
- spread out the spiralized zucchini noodles on the baking tray, spray liberally with cooking oil, toss with your hands and spray again.
- nestle the garlic and onion packet in the middle of the tray (move the noodles aside)
- place the baki ng tray in the oven in lower middle rack for 25-30 minutes
- at the 25 minute mat]rk take a ook at the noodles, if it looks like they might bestarting to burn, remove them from oven, but return the onion and garlic packet back to the oven for 5 minutes more
- noodle cooking time will vary a touch based on your oven and on the zucchini you had on hand
- take noodles out, sprinkle with salt pepper and red chili flakes if you want to add a spicy kick.
- remove garlic and onion packet from oven, let sit sealed for 5 minutes, then open and toss garlic and onion with the noodles
- taste and add a touch more garlic & pepper to preference
These noodles are fantastic as is, I do love sprinkling some vegan Parmesan on top, with some fresh basil, you can even add some of your favorite tomato sauce.