I am in love with this recipe!! So easy and incredible yummy roasted corn & black beans succotash is ready in 25 minutes. Serious nutrition, packed with plant based protein, antioxidants, fiber and of course amazing flavor.
The inspiration for this recipe was spotting organic non GMO roasted corn in the frozen foods aisle, yep already roasted corn, love it!!
If you can't find roasted frozen corn, regular frozen corn will absolutely do.
difficulty level: ridiculously easy
yields: 8 cups
equipment needed: large non stick pan with a lid, or a large braiser
prep time: 5 minutes
cook time: 20 minutes
what you need:
- 2 cups medium chop onions
- 3 heaping cups chopped tomatoes (i used Roma tomatoes), you can also use cherry tomatoes
- 1 x 15 oz can black beans rinsed and drained
- 16 oz frozen roasted corn thawed (i left it on the counter overnight to thaw)
- 3 garlic cloves finely grated on a micropane or fine cheese grater
- 1 tsp oil
- 1/4 tsp salt plus additional salt and pepper according to preference
- cooking oil spray
what to do:
- preheat large ceramic non stick pan over medium high, spray pan and add onions
- saute onions for 5 minutes, you can deglaze pan with a tbsp of broth if needed
- reduce heat to medium, push onion to the sides of pan, add 1 tsp oil and garlic to center, saute 30 seconds.
- quickly add corn, tomatoes, black beans & salt, mix everything everything well.
- cover and let cook 15 minutes on medium heat
remove from heat. add salt and pepper to preference, serve with fresh cilantro and lime wedges.
this is a super healthy carb alternative packed with plant protein
Buen provecho! :)