The perfect fall veggie dish, a GIANT pile of roasted super-food veggies!
Broccoli, Brussels, purple cabbage, Spanish onions & squash, roasted to caramelized perfection, then tossed with micro-greens crispy chickpeas & topped with a lemony tahini miso dressing.
This is seriously delicious serious nutrition!!! I love serving this as seen, on a rustic looking baking sheet as yet another abstract expressionist ode to Jackson Pollock ;)
difficulty level: easy
yield: 8 - 10 cups
prep time: 15 minutes
cook time: 38 minutes, add 25 minutes if making chickpeas
- 3 large baking sheets, at least one of them oven sized
- vegetable slicer mandolin such as:
what you need:
- 3 broccoli florets, chopped into small pieces
- 1 medium head purple cabbage, cored and sliced thinly (less the 1/8 inch thick) on a mandolin slicer
- 1 lb brussle sprouts, stems & tougher outer leaves removed, each sliced into 4 lengthwise
- 1 large Spanish onion sliced thinly on mandolin (1/8 inch thick)
- 2 squashes/zucchini thinly sliced (less then 1/8 inch thick) on Mandolin
- cooking oil spray, i use coconut oil spray (link below)
- 1 tbsp Avocado oil divided in 2 (link below)
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1 x 15 oz can rinsed drained and thoroughly dried chickpeas
- 1 tbsp oil
- 2 tbsp tahini (link below)
- 4 tbsp shiro miso (link below)
- 1 small garlic clove grated finely on micropane or cheese grater
- 3 tbsp lemon juice or lime juice or any light vinegar.
- 1/4 cup + 1 tbsp water
- 1/4 tsp stevia powder (link below)
- a little less then 1/8 tsp onion powder, this goes a long way black pepper to taste
what to do:
- preheat oven to 450 degrees
- spray all 3 baking trays with oil liberally
- on the large oven sized tray, place broccoli pieces in single layer, on the other side of the sheet spread out the purple cabbage.
- drizzle with 1/2 tbsp oil, toss the cabbage on its side of the sheet with your hands then spread again, do the same with the broccoli pieces; spray everything with oil
- place brussles and onions on a bakiing tray, drizzle with 1/2 tbsp oil, mix well with your hands and spread out in single layer (roughly), spray with oil.
- on third sheet, place sqyuash/zucchini slices in single layer, and spray with cooking oil.
- place all 3 sheets into oven, large broccoli & cabbage tray all the way on the bottom, squahs on middle rack and brussles & onion on top rack, bake 25 minutes
- take trays out, toss/flip cabbage & broccoli and spray
- toss/flip Brussels and onions and spray, leave squash slices as is.
- return tray to oven, broccoli cabbage on top rack, Brussels & onions top rack squash in middle, bake 5 minutes.
- check to see if any trays need flipping, if not bake 5 - 8 minutes more, watch the squash it can be done earliest.
- remove from oven & sprinkle veggies evenly with salt and pepper to taste
see my Roasted chickpeas recipe you can ommit the dressing in the recipe, and simply season the chickpeas with smoked paprika & salt once done.
for tahini miso dressing:
- mix all ingredients in a glass or mason jar, whisk well with a fork until smooth in consistency.
you can serve the veggies just by themselves with salt and pepper to taste, this is one of my favorite ways to prep a ton of veggies to last for 5 weekday dinners.