What is a girl to do with a surplus of organic blackberries... Blackberry crumble!!!
This recipe yields 4 mini pie dishes full of delicious, gluten free, guilt free & vegan blackberry crumble, in 30 minutes! easiest healthy dessert ever!
I have never made crumble before and in Pure Foods Blog style, this crumble had to be:
a) sugar free
c) gluten free
up for the challenge i scoured through my pantry! rolled oats, walnut, pumpkin seeds, coconut butter... yep this was starting to look promising!
difficulty level: super easy
- food processor
- 4 mini pie dishes or one large pie dish
prep time: 5 minutes
cook time: 25 minutes hands free oven time
what you need:
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 3 re-hydrated dry apricots, or 3 dates (no need to re hydrate dates) chopped into pieces
- 1/2 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1/2 cup walnuts
- 1 vegan egg = 1 tbsp ground flax + 2 tbsp hot water, mixed well and let sit 5 minutes
- 1 tbsp nut butter, i used cashew butter
- 2 tbsp coconut butter/oil
- 3 x 6 oz blackberries containers
- 1 tsp arrowroot powder or corn starch
- 1 - 2 tsp stevia, 1 tsp stevia produces a more tart crumble
what to do:
- preheat oven to 350 degrees, grease 4 mini pie dishes, or one large pie dish with coconut oil
- place all crumble ingredients into food processor, blend away until a fine crumble is achieved
- mix all blackberries stevia and arrowroot powder well
- distribute the blackberries evenly into the 4 mini pie dishes, top evenly with crumble
- place pie dishes in oven for 25 minutes
Voila!!! yummy super easy super healthy dessert!! top with your favorite vegan ice cream or just dig in as is!