A perfect summertime refreshing salad, so easy to make.
Fresh, Crunchy, tangy, raw and full of nutrition, you can't go wrong with this one!
I love snap peas, but usually eat them steamed or sauteed. In this salad raw snap peas are slightly sweet providing an excellent balance to radishes.
I dressed this with a lemony tahini vinaigrette, this salad gets even better as it sits in the fridge! :)
difficulty level: super easy
prep/cook time: 10 minutes total!
equipment needed: a mandolin slicer will speed up the radish prep, but you can absolutely just use a knife.
what you need:
- 1/2 lb snap peas trimmed, then cut lengthwise into very thin slices.
- 1/4 lb radishes, washed and thinly sliced on a mandolin or with a knife, aiming for as thin as possible, thinner then 1/8th of an inch.
- 1 cup very very loosely packed micro-greens of choice, i like a micro-green mix. You can find this in almost any grocery store these days, if you can't find micro, use a baby greens mix of choice.
- optional: some fresh mint leaves torn by hand, adds a lovely refreshing flavor to this salad.
for lemony tahini vinaigrette:
- 2 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1.5 tbsp tahini. you can find this at your local health food store, in middle eastern grocery stores and on amazon.
- 2 tbsp lemon
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp stevia powder
- 1/8 tsp garlic powder 2 tbsp water
what to do:
- place the sliced snap peas and radish in a bowl or Tupperware.
- place all vinaigrette ingredients in a mason jar or glass, whisk well with a fork until no clumps are visible and smooth consistency is achieved.
- pour 3/4 of the dressing onto the snap peas and radish mix and toss well.
- combine the microgreens and fresh mint (mint optional) in a separate tupperware
- when ready to serve, combine micro-greens & mint with snap pea radish mix and toss well, add extra dressing if/as needed. I like adding the microgreens and herbs only when I'm ready to eat this salad, as they are very delicate and maintain their freshness and flavor best if added this way.
- the dressed snap pea and radishes can absolutely be eaten just as is without the herbs and micro-greens.
I love this crunchy fresh salad on hot summer days! so easy to make and delicious I guarantee you will make this one again.