Rich creamy, lightly sweet (zero sugar added) & delicious dairy free mascarpone, with less then half the fat of regular mascarpone ready in less then 10 minutes.
this recipe is very versatile, you can use it for a quick & delicious dessert by simply serving it topped with fresh berries, dollop some onto baked desserts, or use as a filling for crepes and pies.
A 1/4 cup serving (as shown in picture) is 94 calories, 6.5 g fat, 6.8 g net carbs and 2.5 g protein.
difficulty: super duper easy
prep time: 5 minutes
cook time: 3 minutes
equipment needed: high powered blender
what you need:
- 1/2 cup quick soaked cashews. pour boiling water over cashews and let sit uncovered 55 minutes
- 1/2 cup unsalted canellini white beans (don't worry you will not taste this!)
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 Cup water
- zest of 1/2 whole lemon (roughly 1/2 tbsp)
- 2 tsp stevia powder
- 1/2 cup coconut cream. place a regular full fat coconut milk can in freezer for 15 minutes, do not shake can. the solid white stuff at the top is coconut cream
- 3 dates chopped into little pieces
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp arrowroot powder. yes you can use cornstarch, but i prefer using arrowroot starch. you can find this on Amazon and in health food stores. i like Bob's red mill brand
what to do:
- place everything in blender, whirl away 30 seconds
- stop, scrape down sides, blend again 30 seconds
- stop scrape down sides, taste and adjust a touch more stevia or lemon zest according to preference, whirl away 1 minute until very smooth consistency is achieved.
- store in large mason jar or tupperware, or divide into mini mason jars for serving topped with fresh berries/fruits as shown picture.
this will keep in the fridge for 3 weeks... but it never seems to last that long ;)
I normally eat this by dolloping 2 tbsp (only 47 calories) onto fresh berries... nomnomnom!!!
This recipe bakes well, if you wish to use this in a savory recipe omit the stevia, but do keep 1-2 dates, as mascarpone is naturally lightly sweet, then add salt as is called for in that specific recipe.