Perfectly creamy & tangy yet dairy free and low calorie ranch dressing, only 20 calories per tablespoon... yes please!!! :)
ok Ranch dressing is one of my "not so good food" cravings, seriously i can eat it with anything! salad yep, in a sandwich aha, drizzled over roasted veggies... ok you get the point i have a ranch dressing "problem" ;)
This creamy dressing is less then a 1/4 the calories of regular ranch dressing and 1/2 the calories of Light Ranch dressing, just without any "mystery ingredients"!
Serve this with a plate of crudite, no one will know it's actually good for them!
difficulty level: super easy
prep time: 5 minutes
cook time: 2 minutes
equipment needed: blender
what you need:
- 1/4 cup cashews quick soaked, pour boiling water over cashews and let soaked uncovered 50 minutes
- 1 tbsp dry nutritional yeast, you can find on amazon or in health food stores, this is a dry inactive yeast that adds a cheesy flavor
- 3 tbsp miso paste (shiro miso, you can find on amazon)
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp white wine vinegar. i do not recommend using anything but white vinegar or unseasoned rice wine vinegar, other vinegars will give an off flavor in this recipe.
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/3 + 6 tbsp water
- just a touch of dried dill (optional, less the a 1/4 tsp)
- freshly ground pepper to taste
- 1/4 tsp salt
what to do:
- place all ingredients in blender, whirl away, stop scrape down sides and repeat a few more times until a very smooth consistency is achieved
this yields one cup, you can finely chop up some fresh parsley (1 tsp) and add to the dressing, this will however reduce the dressing's shelf life to 3 weeks, otherwise this dressing keeps in the fridge for over a month
Drizzle on anything!! great way to eat your veggies without adding a ton of calories with the dressing :)