less then 1/4 the calories of regular pesto! only 21 calories per tablespoon, packed full of beautiful pesto flavor, you will never know it is dairy free or low caloric!
Only 5 minutes to make this delicious pesto, I use this on salads in place of dressing, on sweet potato noodles or zucchini noodles; one tablespoon goes a long way!
difficulty level: beginner
prep time: 3 minutes
cook time: 2 minutes
equipment needed: food processor
what you need:
- 2 cups medium packed basil leaves
- 1/2 heaping cup green pitted olives (black will work too, but will change the color)
- 2 tbsp cashews
- 2 tbsp dry nutritional (inactive) yeast (you can find on Amazon)
- 1/4 tsp salt + more to taste
- 1 1/2 large garlic clove
- 1 tbsp shiro miso paste (you can find on Amazon)
- 1/4 cup zucchini cubes
what to do:
- put everything in food processor, whirl away for 30 seconds, stop, scrape sides down and whirl 30 seconds more, repeat one more time.
this pesto gets even better overnight as the flavors blend, so good for you, low caloric and frankly... addictive! :)