Less then half the calories of regular guacamole! only 30 calories for 1/3 cup!
great for dipping, adding to sandwiches or even topping some salmon or grilled chicken.
so what's the secret this time... if you guessed cauliflower, the answer is yes BUT hold on, one more secret ingredient... zucchini!
No worries! no one will be able to tell you sneaked in these veggies into this perfectly creamy wonderful tasting guacamole, unless you tell them!
difficulty level: beginner
prep time: 15 minutes
cook time: 22 minutes
equipment needed: food processor or blender
what you need:
- 10 oz raw cauliflower (2 1/2 cups) chopped into thin pieces
- 5.5 oz raw zucchini (1 heaping cup) cut into little cubes
- 2 avocados, divided into 1/2 avocado and 1 1/2 avocado cubes. **immdeiately pour lime juice on avocado pieces to prevent them from starting to brown.
- 3 tbsp lime juice divided into 2 tbsp and 1 tbsp
- 1/2 tsp salt divided in 2
- 1/4 tsp cumin powder
- 2 green onions chopped
- 2 tbsp fresh chopped cilantro
- 1 persian cucumber seeded and chopped into cubes (1/2 cup)
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes halved lengthwise
- 2 tbsp vegetable broth (or water)
- 2 tbsp water
what to do:
- steam cauliflower for 17 minutes, remove from heat and let cool
- steam zucchini cubes for 5 minutes, remove from heat.
- place cauliflower in middle of dish towel, twist towel into a closed package, and wring out the cauliflower as much as possible, i twist the towel and squoosh it against the sink edge to help push out the water. transfer drained cauliflower to blender or food processor.
- repeat towel draining maneuver with zucchini, transfer drained zucchini to food processor/blender
- add cumin, 1/4 tsp salt, 1/2 avocado cubed to food processor/blender with 2 tbsp broth and 1 tbsp water
- whirl blender away, if blades stop moving mixture add 1/2 tbsp water or full tbsp.
- stop, scrape down sides, blend again, repeat 2 more times.
- put blended mixture in Tupperware and let fully cool in fridge at least 1 hour.
- mix all the rest of the ingredients together in a medium bowl
- once the processed/blended mixture is fully cooled, add it to the bowl with the rest of the ingredients
- taste and add salt pepper or a touch more lime juice according to preference.
this skinny guacamole is amazing served with chopped veggies as a dip, use in sandwiches, add to salads, top off salmon or chicken or make a batch of my crispy beet chips for a super healthy low calorie snack