Less then 10 minutes and you have an amazing tuna salad you could actually serve your foodie friends! this tuna salad is inspired by my trip to Tuscany last year, tuna in Italy does not know what mayonnaise is! lol
Some of this recipe is very Tuscan tuna classic, such as adding white beans, olives and fresh herbs, some of my other additions were my own tasty improvisation :)
this is one of those recipes that is a one bowl meal, you have lean protein (tuna) good carbs (white beans) that are high in soluble fiber, lots of different veggies and some good fats from the olives and avocado . This recipe gives you 3 lunches in less then 10 minutes!
difficulty level : ultra beginner ;)
prep time: less then 10 minutes
cook time: no cook time!! just mix time haha which should take less then a minute!
equipment needed: none
what you need:
for tuna salad:
- 2 regular size cans of Albacore Tuna drained. The following is just my opinion :) i suggest paying a bit more for cans that say "sustainably caught, line or pole caught" this is just a way of voting with your money; supporting fisheries that use responsible fishing practices. these days you can even find this at costco, in Arizona Costco has "Wild Planet " brand Tuna. I checked and yep you can find it on Amazon prime lol, but it is cheaper in stores. Any good Albacore tuna will do :) ...ok I'm off my soap box!
- 1 15 oz canellini beans rinsed
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes cut in half
- 2/3 avocado cut into little cubes
- 1/2 cup olives pitted (black or green whatever you prefer)
- 1 small zucchini cut into 1/4s lengthwise, seeded, the cut each 1/4 into 3 long thin strips and cut into cubes
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley (lightly packed)
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped celery (about 1 small stalk)
- 4 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp stevia
- black pepper according to preference
What to do:
- put all salad ingredients in a large Tupperware
- put all dressing ingredients in a mason jar, close jar and shake vigorously to combine, alternately just whisk the dressing briskly with a fork
- pour dressing on Salad, mix and done! tadda!
On a non workout day, this will be my lunch, on a workout day i tend to need more carbs so i make a sandwich/wrap (picture below) or eat it with 1/2 cup of quinoa :)