Yep PERFECTLY roasted in 8 minutes!
how you might ask? well...
1) we will be using the Broil element in your oven, this creates a very short cook time
2) cut the asparagus spears in half lengthwise, this perfectly roasts the asparagus on the outside while cooking the inside just right, a little al dente but not raw.
3) pick thick stalk asparagus, these are actually more tender, the thin ones are more fibrous. If you can find purple Asparagus.... BUY it!!! its awesome and even more tender then green asparagus
difficulty level: beginner
prep time: 2 minutes
cook time: 8 minutes
equipment needed: 2 cooling rack
What you need:
- 1 bunch asparagus, cut or snap off the tough bottom part of the spears (this is usually at least an in ch to inch and a half), cut each spear in half lengthwise
- cooking oil spray
- a bit of salt & a bit of onion powder
what to do:
- line large baking sheet with parchment or foil
- place 2 cooling rack one next to each other on top of baking sheet
- place asparagus halves on cooling rack, not crowding; try to spread them out, crowding will create more steaming and less roasting.
- spray spears with cooking oil
- put into second to last rack from the top under the broiler, start broil element and put timer on for 4 minutes
- i leave my oven door slightly open, this keeps the broil element going non stop
- take asparagus out, flip each spear, spray with oil and return to oven for 4 more minutes
- take asparagus out and sprinkle with salt and onion powder
this is soooo delicious just by itself, or you can serve it with my
Light tahini miso dressing