An incredibly flavorful low calorie dressing. only 26 calories per serving with only 1 gram of carbs and zero sugar.
This dressing is easy to make, lasts in the fridge for 3 weeks.
You can use it on fresh salads, on grilled or roasted veggies, in sandwiches, or even as a low calorie dip.
Difficulty level: beginner
prep time: 5 minutes
cook time: less then 1 minute
what you need:
- 2 tbsp tahini. you can find tis in healthfood stores, middle eastern stores and yep on Amazon Prime :)
- 4 tbsp shiro miso. On Amazon you can find organic and non GMO brands, if you prefer to eat no soy at all (it has some soy) Whole foods has a wonderful organic non GMO chickpea miso, its is next to the hummus area.
- 1 small garlic clove grated finely on micropane or cheese grater
- 3 tbsp lemon juice or lime juice or any light vinegar.
- 1/4 cup + 1 tbsp water
- 1/4 tsp stevia powder. you can find it on Amazon prime, my favorite brand is sweet leaf
- a little less then 1/8 tsp onion powder, this goes a long way
- black pepper to taste
I love adding fresh herbs to this dressing, about a tbsp of finely chopped herbs; my favorite is cilantro, you can of course use fresh parsley, and basil is absolutely amazing in this (basil is super strong use 1/2 tbsp)
however! adding the fresh herbs reduces the 3 week shelf life of this dressing to 2 weeks, so if you are going to use the dressing for a big salad, or have a large family to feed and will go through this quickly, go for it, otherwise portion out what you need and chop 1/2 tsp or tsp of herbs of choice.
In the picture below i made a quick fresh salad with organic baby super greens (chard kale spinach mix) pea shoots, arugula microgreens and cherry tomatoes, I drizzled less then 1 tbsp of dressing! so for around 20 calories i have an incredibly flavorful super foods fresh salad from scratch ready in 2 minutes! :) ...yummm!!!