A vegetable dish that looks fancy, tastes delicious, and is so easy to make :)
You can make this even simpler, skip the tapenade, just serve the grilled zucchini with a bit of salt and pepper.
Zucchini is a low calorie nutrition powerhouse an outstanding source of manganese, vitamin C & dietary fiber. It also contains vitamin A, magnesium, folate, potassium, copper, and phosphorus.
difficulty level: beginner
- stove top (preferably cast iron grill) or outdoor grill
- food processor (for tapenade)
what you need:
- 2 medium sized zucchini, or summer squash, i like to use one green and one yellow for a prettier presentation, but this is not necessary.
- some vegetable oil spray, I like avocado oil spray.
- 1/2 cup pitted olives. green olives will create a move vibrant colored green tapenade, but flavor wise black works just fine.
- zest of 1 lemon
- 1/4 cup walnuts
- 1/2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley
- 1/4 tsp salt
- freshly ground pepper to taste
what to do:
- preheat grill to medium high
- slice zucchini lengthwise into less then 1/8" slices, a mandolin makes fast work of this, just watch those fingers!
- lightly spray grill with oil
- lightly spray zucchini slices with oil and place onto grill without crowding.
- grill zucchini for 3.5 minutes, then spray top side with oil, flip and grill an additional 3 minutes.
- if working on a small stove top grill you will have to do this in 2 batches.
- put all tapenade ingredients into food processor and process for 30 seconds, open, scrape down sides and process 15 more seconds.
Serve this dish hot or cold, you can put the tapenade on the side, or spread it around on the zucchini slices.
Delicious and so good for you! :)