Good morning? no Super morning!
this recipe is a complete meal, simple, fast and super delicious!
difficulty level: beginner
- Vitamix (blender)
What you need:
- 1/4 cup organic frozen mango
- 4 small slices organic frozen banana
- 1/4 organic frozen strawberries
- 1 cup organic frozen spinach
- 3 small kale leaves, or 1/3 cup frozen kale
- 1/4 cup oatmeal ice cubes(optional) ...yes yes you read that right, keep reading, i'll explain this :)
- 1/2 cup unsweetened milk of choice (i use almond milk)
- 1 scoop Vanilla Whey Protein Isolate powder, I buy Bluebonnets Vanilla whey (yep yep on Amazon) as it comes from hormone free grass fed cows :)
What to do:
- ready: throw everything in Vitamix and whirl away!!! :)
except: OATMEAL ICE CUBES!!!
I make those ahead, read below :)
- 1/2 cup organic quick cooking oats
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk (or milk of choice)
- 1/2 water
cook the oatmeal with water and milk either in microwave or in sauce pan on stove top (2 1/2 minutes). Mix well, and distribute oatmeal mixture into an ice cube tray.
No this isn't necessary, but it is a great way to have easy complex carbs to add to your smoothies :)
This recipe makes 2 servings, I have one for breakfast, and take the other half with me to work in a mason jar for an easy mid morning super healthy snack!!! :)