how is this slaw skinny?? The dressing!
Zero sugar, and only 2 tbsp of oil for a giant batch of super flavorful veggie goodness!
difficulty level: beginner
- Mandolin Vegetable Slicer. I recommend OXO goodgrips mandolin, trust me i have tested many :) it's only $69.99 and is the most versatile and user friendly in my opinion.
What you need:
- 2 small heads of organic purple cabbage (or 1 large) finely shaved (the thinnest
setting possible) on a Mandolin
(a.k.a vegetable slicer)
- 1 whole bunch of Kale (I prefer Tuscan/Dino Kale) stems removed, finely chopped
- 5 green onions finely chopped
- 1/2 cup shiro miso paste (can be found in health food stores or on Amazon)
- 1/4 cup white vinegar
- 2 tbsp toasted sesame oil
- 1 tbsp onion powder
- 1/4 tsp ginger powder
- 2 tsp powdered Stevia
- 5 tbsp water to slightly thin dressing
- 1 tbsp finely chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 garlic clove grated on micropane or fine cheese grater
What to do:
- combine all slaw ingredients in a very (very!) big bowl
- combine all dressing ingredients and mix well with a whisk or fork until a dressing is - homogeneous and without clumps.
- Pour half the dressing on the slaw and mix well, then add the other half and mix again.
Serve as a side or top with grilled chicken and serve as an entree salad.
This recipe makes a realllllly big batch, this will most definitely last for two to three people for a whole week.