This green bean recipe is not only a great side dish and super easy one to make, it's also a great snack to have in the fridge to help "deal" with those 9pm snack-attack food cravings, its salty, yummy and lets just say a tad healthier then chips!
difficulty level: what's below beginner?? ;)
No equipment necessary
What you need:
- 1 16oz bag frozen organic green beans
- 1/2 tbsp avocado oil (or any other high heat cooking oil)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
What to do:
- Preheat oven to 450 F (ideally not convection, as that would dry up the beans)
- Grease a large Pyrex baking dish, or a large baking sheet.
- thaw green beans either under running water or in microwave.
- once green beans are thoroughly thawed, place the beans in the middle of a clean dry
towel, then twist the towel over the sink in order to squeeze out as much moisture as possible; the dryer the green beans, the more they will caramelize in the oven.
- place the dried beans in the greased Pyrex dish & drizzle with 1/2 tbsp avocado oil
- using hands mix the beans up to evenly distribute oil
- put the beans into the oven for 15min
- take beans out and mix them around with a spatula
- place beans into oven for 10 more minutes
take beans out, sprinkle with salt, onion powder and black pepper
enjoy as a side dish or healthy snack :)